Letsrecover recovery forum

This is a trigger-free recovery help forum for those recovering from restrictive eating disorders, such as anorexia, bulimia, binge-restrict, overexercise or ednos.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bad body image

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Bad body image on Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:31 pm

I am recovering from bulimia for 6 months. However, only my boyfriend know everything about me. My family, especially my petite mum trigger me a lot. Her comment on my obvious weight gain depress me too. I know I just gotta be strong and push through it if I chosen not to tell my family. I am from Asian where eating disorder is not really a concern here. I mean, no people would care if you lose weight, they will cheers for you instead cause for them, skinny is beauty. The other side, weight gain will only cause you receive a lot of negative comment, even more from family and relatives. I feel really depress sometimes but I know I gotta keep pushing on to be ed free and enjoy my life.

View user profile

2 Re: Bad body image on Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:45 pm

Amalie

Admin
Remember that your eating disorder twist around everything. It makes it look like everybody is obsessed with thinness, and like everybody fears weight gain. It is so hard to deal with these triggers, but you can not let yourself die of this illness (mentally and physically) because of some irrational and clearly wrong comments/thoughts. You are the boss of your own life.

Explain how it triggers you to her and those around you. Be honest. Educate them about thwt an eating disorder is.

View user profile http://letsrecover.tumblr.com

3 Re: Bad body image on Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:24 pm

I always have bad body image days and tbh I'm scared to be weight restored. I also feel triggered that a lot of my friends are just naturally underweight Smile xx

View user profile

4 Re: Bad body image on Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:01 pm

Though my weight has stabilized now but I gained 20 kg started from normal weight. Everytime I look at myself, never been so huge for years. The only way I comfort myself is telling myself at least I got womanly curve now...

View user profile

5 Re: Bad body image on Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:45 am

Lavender; "bigger than ever" actually doesn't mean anything. I am not trying to be rude here, but what you say there is plain anxiety. Nothing else. (It is also among the top 10-things said by people with EDs.)
I, too, am bigger than ever. That doesn't necessarily mean I am fat. But it definitely means that:
- I am older than ever.
- I would probably have reached this weight earlier in life if it wasnt for my ED.
- I am bigger than my birthweight, bigger than I was during my childhood and teenage years. There's no magic in that, only logic.
- The fact that I am "bigger than ever" doesn't automatically mean anything negative (or positive, for that matter, because this is neutral). My ratio of height/weight/fat mass/muscle mass/other makes no difference in my life.
- My current weight does not (at all!) say anything about what or how much I eat. I have eaten in very different ways for the last 8 months, yet my weight hasn't changed at all during this time. This is my body's optimal weight, and I should respect that!
- I AM not my body, I HAVE my body. It is not my ornament or art project, it is my home. I have spent much energy on deciding to love it, and it has worked. Yes, I still struggle sometimes, but I struggled a lot more pre-ED (!).

View user profile http://www.sjokoladeilomma.blogg.no

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum