Letsrecover recovery forum

This is a trigger-free recovery help forum for those recovering from restrictive eating disorders, such as anorexia, bulimia, binge-restrict, overexercise or ednos.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Metabolism TW

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Metabolism TW on Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:21 pm

I've had anorexia for quite a while now and have lost and gained weight 4 times already, I'm currently relapsing, will my metabolism be messed up forever will it ever be quick again?

View user profile http://Instagram: kate.recovers

2 Re: Metabolism TW on Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:20 am

No, it will not be destroyed forever if you increase your intake to the MM guidelines and don't exercise or purge. Start your real recovery today Smile

View user profile

3 Re: Metabolism TW on Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:02 pm

Hi Smile

When you go through relapses and through the ups and downs of anorexia, your body weight will go up and down all the time - just like you food intake does xD

Your metabolism is likely to sort itself out (i'm not a doctor and i don't know you or your physical health statistics so i can't be 100% sure!) But most people's metabolism does sort itself out after a while.

But just remember that long term starvation can permanently damage it... so its best to try and stabilize your eating habits as quick as possible - because other parts of your body get severely damaged in starvation as well and not all the damage can be undone!!

Keep strong Very Happy

View user profile

4 Re: Metabolism TW on Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:15 pm

Research tella us that our metabolism cannot be permanently damaged by long term starvation: http://www.barbellsandbeakers.com/2012/07/04/does-your-metabolism-ever-recover-from-having-an-eating-disorder/

It will be repaired will enough food.

View user profile

5 Re: Metabolism TW on Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:16 pm

I don't disagree that you should start recovery now, but I don't want to to be afraid of your metabolism not getting fixed either. Because that's not gonna happen Smile

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum