Letsrecover recovery forum

This is a trigger-free recovery help forum for those recovering from restrictive eating disorders, such as anorexia, bulimia, binge-restrict, overexercise or ednos.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Metabolism TW

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Metabolism TW on Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:21 pm

I've had anorexia for quite a while now and have lost and gained weight 4 times already, I'm currently relapsing, will my metabolism be messed up forever will it ever be quick again?

View user profile http://Instagram: kate.recovers

2 Re: Metabolism TW on Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:20 am

No, it will not be destroyed forever if you increase your intake to the MM guidelines and don't exercise or purge. Start your real recovery today Smile

View user profile

3 Re: Metabolism TW on Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:02 pm

Hi Smile

When you go through relapses and through the ups and downs of anorexia, your body weight will go up and down all the time - just like you food intake does xD

Your metabolism is likely to sort itself out (i'm not a doctor and i don't know you or your physical health statistics so i can't be 100% sure!) But most people's metabolism does sort itself out after a while.

But just remember that long term starvation can permanently damage it... so its best to try and stabilize your eating habits as quick as possible - because other parts of your body get severely damaged in starvation as well and not all the damage can be undone!!

Keep strong Very Happy

View user profile

4 Re: Metabolism TW on Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:15 pm

Research tella us that our metabolism cannot be permanently damaged by long term starvation: http://www.barbellsandbeakers.com/2012/07/04/does-your-metabolism-ever-recover-from-having-an-eating-disorder/

It will be repaired will enough food.

View user profile

5 Re: Metabolism TW on Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:16 pm

I don't disagree that you should start recovery now, but I don't want to to be afraid of your metabolism not getting fixed either. Because that's not gonna happen Smile

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum