Letsrecover recovery forum

This is a trigger-free recovery help forum for those recovering from restrictive eating disorders, such as anorexia, bulimia, binge-restrict, overexercise or ednos.

You are not connected. Please login or register

no starvation symptoms but still in pain?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 no starvation symptoms but still in pain? on Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:32 pm

guys I really need help!

I only had an ED for about three months (summer diet gone terribly wrong). was in quasy recovery for a little while then finally made the jump to the guidlines. I don't count calories so I don't know how much I was eating exactly but it was definitely enough, as I never ever ignored my extreme hunger. the bloating passed, got my period, hairloss stopped, reached my preED weight and even overshot a little. I feel great, not tired anymore, no more ED thoughts or fearfoods. but here's the thing, I've only been in realcovery for two months. I know I'm very lucky to have fixed all those things so quickly, but now I'm kind of confused. when I reached my preED weight, the gaining stabilized and I wasn't so hungry anymore. if I was to follow my hunger cues, I'd only eat about 2000-2500 calories. but I still have some water retention left. I used to be in massive pain but now it only hurts when I press it or bump into something, and it's been like that about a month now, it's so annoying! I try to force myself to eat to what I imagine are the minimums (my therapist won't let me count so I'm never sure) and the pain is not going away. I then tried to eat A LOT for a week and just ended up with more weight/water retention/pain. I don't exercise at all and really don't want to mess up my recovery. should I listen to my hunger cues or just keep stuffing my face with food I'm not really hungry for? will this pain ever go away?

View user profile

2 Re: no starvation symptoms but still in pain? on Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:22 am

Congratulations on your great job with recovering! You should be so proud of yourself Smile 

If you're unsure about how much you are eating, then try following a meal plan (or just check out a meal plan so you know how much food you should be eating). Also you could try having someone close to you count all the stuff you eat during a period of a few days, just to see how much you really are eating.
When it comes to the water retention, it will go away. Our bodies heal the damages in different order. Some will get their hair and nails back first, some will get their periods back first and others may get healing of the bones and muscles first. What I'm trying to say is that you still may have a little bit of repairing left to do, but it may not be noticeable to you (you can really see bones healing that easy). That being said, water retention is something everyone can get at any point during their lives. Stress, hormones, injuries etc. are all causes for water retention. I can't tell you what's the exact reason for yours, but I can say that it will go away Smile

View user profile

3 Re: no starvation symptoms but still in pain? on Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:15 am

I think, if you don't have any starvation mode sympthoms you can try to eat following you hunger cues! But only if you have ANY type of starvation mode sympthoms... If you don't have any of them you can follow your hunger cues, don't be afraid of eating to less or to much because your body know how much you have to eat. But like I said this only will work if you have any starvation mode sympthoms so that your hunger cues is normal and makes you eat what you really needs!

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum