Letsrecover recovery forum

This is a trigger-free recovery help forum for those recovering from restrictive eating disorders, such as anorexia, bulimia, binge-restrict, overexercise or ednos.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Maintaining on 2500 calories?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Maintaining on 2500 calories? on Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:21 am

Hi, I'm recovering since 9 months now and finally I'm almost weight restored, but now since maby 1-2 weeks I'm maintaining in the amount that I was gaining :O (2500 calories) I don't know if I will keep maintaining on this amount or is just a thing of 2-3 weeks and then I star to gain another time... But if I keep maintaining what should I do? Because 2500 calories is really normal, (I'm really at this moment almost sedentary), so maby that means that my body don't need to gain more? What should I do?

View user profile

2 Re: Maintaining on 2500 calories? on Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:51 am

Well, what is your BMI now if you don't mind my asking? Also what is your age, and do you have your period now (if you're female)? Generally it's recommended to gain to at least BMI 20 for women and girls in mid/late adolescence. It's pretty common for recovering anorexics to need more than normal people to maintain or gain (because of repairs and/or hypermetabolism), so the fact that you're not gaining on 2500 cals per day doesn't mean you don't need to gain anymore. Many eat 3000+ in recovery.

View user profile

3 Re: Maintaining on 2500 calories? on Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:15 am

If you are at a healthy BMI, it could also mean that your body will maintain from here Smile If so, congratulations! Then you should start eating by hunger cues. But keep an eye on your weight, so you don't start to unconsciously restrict again and lose weight.

View user profile

4 Re: Maintaining on 2500 calories? on Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:38 am

Thank you! I think I will wait a bit more and if I don't gain anymore I will up my calories! The bad thing is that now I'm retaining a lot of water so this is of course any real weight...

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum