Letsrecover recovery forum

This is a trigger-free recovery help forum for those recovering from restrictive eating disorders, such as anorexia, bulimia, binge-restrict, overexercise or ednos.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Period coming soon?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Period coming soon? on Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:45 am

Hello, I'm almost weight restored and I didn't retain water during recovery until now (maby just one day but it went away really quik). And I was wondering if my period will come soon, as I'm retaining a lot of water, are leaving many pimples in my face and I have sometimes pain in the part where the ovaries are... Is that my period coming? I have to gain almost 1 kilo to be at a healthy bmi, can be posible that my period is coming?

View user profile

2 Re: Period coming soon? on Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:57 pm

All the signs you are mentioning can suggest that your period will return soon  Very Happy Congratulations on getting this far in recovery! You should celebrate! But keep in mind that many regain their period before they have reached their set point weight, so it doesn't mean that you should stop eating by the minimums. You need to continue eating the minimums until your weight stabilizes. Then eat by hunger cues (which usually is pretty close to the minimums).

But even though you have a long way to go, doesn't mean you shouldn't celebrate the steps you have already taken and the battles you have already won  I love you

View user profile

3 Re: Period coming soon? on Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:06 pm

susannsk89 wrote:All the signs you are mentioning can suggest that your period will return soon  Very Happy Congratulations on getting this far in recovery! You should celebrate! But keep in mind that many regain their period before they have reached their set point weight, so it doesn't mean that you should stop eating by the minimums. You need to continue eating the minimums until your weight stabilizes. Then eat by hunger cues (which usually is pretty close to the minimums).

But even though you have a long way to go, doesn't mean you shouldn't celebrate the steps you have already taken and the battles you have already won  I love you

Thank you! That means that I have to eat anyway the minimmums? How I can know if I am at my set point?

View user profile

4 Re: Period coming soon? on Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:27 pm

Your set point weight will be very close to you pre ED weight. If you keep eating by the minimums every day, you will get to this point where your weight stabilizes without you changing anything. At this point you will most probably feel comfortable eating close to the minimums every day. Sometimes more and sometimes less. Take me for example: I ate minimum 2500 kcal (I'm over 25 years old) every day during the first months of recovery. When I saw that my weight started to stabilize I started eating by hunger cues (but still checking at the end of the day) and it leads me to about 2300 kcal (more or less) every day and I'm maintaining.

View user profile

5 Re: Period coming soon? on Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:29 pm

You should check out the tumblr account as well (if you haven't already done that): letsrecover.tumblr.com. Check out the FAQ section, it's very helpful Smile

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum