Letsrecover recovery forum

This is a trigger-free recovery help forum for those recovering from restrictive eating disorders, such as anorexia, bulimia, binge-restrict, overexercise or ednos.

You are not connected. Please login or register

TW carbohydrates TW

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 TW carbohydrates TW on Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:27 am

Should I reign in the carbohydrates? I don't want to gain more fluid retention than necessary so I've been trying to not overdo it.
I'm eating about 2000 calories and gaining super fast.

I've also restarted weight lifting since increasing my calories. It feels really good to be getting stronger. But could this be causing water retention?

View user profile

2 Re: TW carbohydrates TW on Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:17 pm

You should increase to 3000+ and if you want carbohydrates, then eat carbohydrates. Don't worry about the macros, just eat whatever the body is telling you that it wants.

You should avoid exercising during recovery for two reasons. 1) it doesn't rebuild you body, it breaks it down. This is why you get a lot of water retention when exercising during recovery. 2) almost every ED person will tend to use exercising as an anxiety relieving activity, which is destructive. If you want to be able to handle anxienty in better ways, you need to stop using the destructive techniques you are using now.

View user profile

3 Re: TW carbohydrates TW on Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:11 pm

I should increase even though I'm gaining on 2000?

View user profile

4 Re: TW carbohydrates TW on Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:40 pm

If you're gaining on 2000 it means you're still in starvation mode, so yes. Increasing will fix your metabolism. You may overshoot a bit more, but in the end the weight will go down again to set point without restricting.

View user profile

5 Re: TW carbohydrates TW on Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:42 pm

Please read this: http://letsrecover.tumblr.com/post/83422382366/i-am-maintaining-a-healthy-weight-on-around-1400

It's not exact same numbers, but the reasoning is the same.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum