Letsrecover recovery forum

This is a trigger-free recovery help forum for those recovering from restrictive eating disorders, such as anorexia, bulimia, binge-restrict, overexercise or ednos.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Period, Weight Gain and Calories

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Period, Weight Gain and Calories on Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:12 pm

I was never extremely emaciated or ill when I restricted last year. It lasted for about 7 months and I went from 10 stone 8 to 7 stone 12 (I'm 5"7). Now, after about 2-3 months of going between restricting and recovery I'm at 10 stone 2. I have my period back and I no longer faint or have blue nails and cold hands. I'm trying to eat healthily (I still have chocolate every day though, I don't know how I managed to go 7 months without it!) and exercise. I walk to school for half an hour each day and try to go to the gym for a small workout 3 times a week. I'm not happy with my body as I feel I'm quite fat now like my stomach sticks out and my thighs are big so I'd like to lose some weight but my problem is that I can't! Even though I'm eating no more than 1500 calories a day (I skip breakfast, an apple mid morning, soup at lunch, a cookie after school and then usually a smallish portion of chicken or fish with salad or vegetables at dinner as well as some chocolate in the evening) and then either a walk or the gym every day as well! Why is my metabolism so slow?! Surely my body trusts me now my period is back?

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum