Letsrecover recovery forum

This is a trigger-free recovery help forum for those recovering from restrictive eating disorders, such as anorexia, bulimia, binge-restrict, overexercise or ednos.

You are not connected. Please login or register

sleeping problems

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 sleeping problems on Tue May 05, 2015 9:30 am

I hope that I don't bother anybody, I've just asked another question in the "mental" part... Anyway, I am in recovery from anorexia (at the beginning) and here is my second problem:
I can't sleep at night. I mean, I am able to fall asleep, but I wake up in the middle of the night and then I am awake till the next morning. When I wake up I am really really tired (i've tried to read or watching TV but I am too tired) but I can't sleep... Does anybody knows this problem or has an idea what I could do?

View user profile

2 Re: sleeping problems on Fri May 08, 2015 10:32 am

Insomnia during recovery is quite normal. Try eating something, as it may be that your body is prioritizing nutrition over sleep.

View user profile

3 The same problem on Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:30 am

TinkerBell wrote:I hope that I don't bother anybody, I've just asked another question in the "mental" part... Anyway, I am in recovery from anorexia (at the beginning)  and here is my second problem:
I can't sleep at night. I mean, I am able to fall asleep, but I wake up in the middle of the night and then I am awake till the next morning. When I wake up I am really really tired (i've tried to read or watching TV but I am too tired) but I can't sleep... Does anybody knows this problem or has an idea what I could do?

I haven't exactly started my recovery yet, but working on it, but I got the same problem as you - I can't sleep either, so your not at least not the only one! Often I wake up and are hungry, and when I first eat, it actually help, so thats probably a good suggestion! I also try to do something that makes me sleepy, as ex read a book. And don't look at the time and use electric stuff as phone, computer and tv - that often make you more awake! Good luck, and hope you get to sleep!

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum