Letsrecover recovery forum

This is a trigger-free recovery help forum for those recovering from restrictive eating disorders, such as anorexia, bulimia, binge-restrict, overexercise or ednos.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cant stop thinking about food...

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Cant stop thinking about food... on Thu May 21, 2015 10:19 pm

The last years I've started to think more and more on food... It started with counting calories, only by ex deciding to eat crisp bread instead of bread when it had fewer calories. Then today I count my calories, and instead of eating to I feel full, I try at least to eat the amount I am "supposed" to - or say to myself... Sometimes I get full, other times not - feel Ive lost the feeling. No matter if Im more hungry or super full, I can't stop thinking about food and always want more. This is very hard and have no idea what to do... Now everything I think of is food and about it, and don't enjoy or can think of anything else. Its like a thought who never disappears... Have someone experienced/experience the same and can give me some advice? Pleace help me! I have no idea what to do, and feel it is so imbarresing so don't dear to ask someone either... Appriciate all answers!

View user profile

2 Re: Cant stop thinking about food... on Fri May 22, 2015 9:02 am

This is very common and most of us have experienced this. The reason is that your body is doing what it can to survive! You don't give it enough food, and therefore your brain will go into "find food mode" and make all your thoughts about food. I promise that this will go away when you stop restricting and eat whatever you want and how much you want. It won't disappear over night because your body needs to learn how to trust you again, but when it does, you won't think that much about food anymore. I used to think so much about food that I planned everything I was going to eat for weeks in advance, but now that my body is well-nourished that wouldn't even cross my mind. The only time I think about food is when I know it's time to eat Smile You can do this too! The only thing you can do to fix it is to eat plenty! Smile

View user profile

3 Re: Cant stop thinking about food... on Sat May 23, 2015 12:15 am

I totally understand that feeling. That is how it started for me a couple of years ago and I didn't realise it was disordered. I just got used to it and then it slowly progressed into other behaviours and habits surrounding food that are even harder to break. I think it is a good thing that you are concerned at this point! That means you can fight the thoughts and cut them from scratch before they get worst. Whenever you think about food.. just eat Smile

View user profile

4 Re: Cant stop thinking about food... on Mon May 25, 2015 3:55 am

Thank you so much for answer! Nice to know I'm not the only one at least! But what do I do when I feel I can eat to I would have died almost - as I say, I always want more... When to stop? And still I always think about it, the thoughts don't stop even if I'm full...

View user profile

5 Re: Cant stop thinking about food... on Tue May 26, 2015 10:04 am

Continue to eat eat and eat Smile That's the only way to stop it. I know it's scary and painful, but this is only temporary! This feeling you have will not last forever. I experienced the same thing, but one say it was suddenly gone. Then it came back again and then it disappeared for good. It comes and goes but it will not last forever! I remember one day a few of months into recovery and was waiting in line for a buffet. I was expecting to go mad with waiting for that delicious food, but I wasn't! I was so freaking amazed with how suddenly my mind had stopped spinning around food all the time! I was actually able to stand in line and wait for food without getting angry or anxious. This will happen to you too, but you need to be patient. Stay strong and get through this phase: life awaits you at the other side Smile

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum