Letsrecover recovery forum

This is a trigger-free recovery help forum for those recovering from restrictive eating disorders, such as anorexia, bulimia, binge-restrict, overexercise or ednos.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Excited for this forum

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Excited for this forum on Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:42 pm

Hi guys! My name is Kelly, and I've been battling an eating disorder for about 9 years.
...Wow. Nine years...

Anyway, I'm originally from Michigan, but I'm currently going to school in Kentucky for social work and psychology. This semester I've been doing an internship in the county's public schools, and it's confirmed that I definitely want to work for the school system as a counselor.

My eating disorder has manifested itself in many different ways over the years, but I am trying to detach myself from it-- I am not my disorder.

That being said, my life essentially revolves around the following:
Jesus
Family
Friends
Running
Cooking
Reading (blogs/forums mostly, but I like books too)
Yoga
Artsy-fartsy things (photography, mixed media, etc.)

I'm a fun-loving, snarky, sarcastic free-spirit who just wants to make an impact in this messed up world. I'm so excited to get to know you all and work together to achieve our goals.

-Kelly

View user profile

2 Re: Excited for this forum on Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:04 am

Hi Kelly! I'm sorry you've had to fight this battle for so long, but I'm glad you're recovering now and I wish you the best. <3 Also glad to see you are not letting your disorder take over every part of your identity!

3 Re: Excited for this forum on Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:23 am

Amalie

Admin
Hi there, Kelly! Nine years is a long, long time; yet it is not to long to turn it around. You can do it!<3

View user profile http://letsrecover.tumblr.com

4 Re: Excited for this forum on Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:45 pm

Hi Kelly! We have a lot in common! I love Jesus, cooking, running, and want to be a counselor as well! I hope your recovery is going well Smile

View user profile http://i-chooselife.tumblr.com

5 Re: Excited for this forum on Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:17 pm

i-chooselife wrote:Hi Kelly! We have a lot in common! I love Jesus, cooking, running, and want to be a counselor as well! I hope your recovery is going well Smile

Let's be friends! alien

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum