Letsrecover recovery forum

This is a trigger-free recovery help forum for those recovering from restrictive eating disorders, such as anorexia, bulimia, binge-restrict, overexercise or ednos.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Social Eating Anxieties

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Social Eating Anxieties on Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:02 am

Is it hard for anyone else to eat around others? I am more prone to restrict when I am around friends and family. I have no problems meeting requirements when I am on my own. This seems to lead to restrictive eating during the week and a more relaxed eating style when I hit the weekend. I have gained some weight doing this but I don't think it is good for my metabolism. Any suggestions are welcome! c:

View user profile

2 Re: Social Eating Anxieties on Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:20 pm

Yes I am the exact same! Like in order to reach my calorie goal I eat heaps at home and not a lot at school! It's compleatly normal! Just try and challenge it in small steps and eventually it'll become less scary Smile xx

View user profile

3 Re: Social Eating Anxieties on Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:42 pm

I have that only when my grandparents or friends are staying at out house for several days and I have to eat all my meals bc then I recognize how much more I eat. But if it's just one meal that's ok for me. But you have to keep in minf you havw to gain! So you neef to eat! And others sre often not interested in ou food or how much we eat.. stay strong xx

View user profile

4 Re: Social Eating Anxieties on Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:48 am

Amalie

Admin
I had the same, but weirdly enough only with very specific people in some settings. For example, when eating with person X I felt even more comfortable than if I ate alone, but eating with person Y made me anxious and gave me urges to restrict. Weird! I also struggled with eating in some social settings.
My experience and impression is that these anxieties fade with recovery. You just have to do it!

View user profile http://letsrecover.tumblr.com

5 Re: Social Eating Anxieties on Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:26 am

Wow thanks for the responses, sorry it took me so long to answer! I have been getting somewhat better. It is easier for me to eat with my family especially since my brother is home now and he eats a ton haha... I think that once I get over being embarrassed by extreme hunger it will be easier for me to eat with people Smile

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum