Letsrecover recovery forum

This is a trigger-free recovery help forum for those recovering from restrictive eating disorders, such as anorexia, bulimia, binge-restrict, overexercise or ednos.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Can I refeed on my own?

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26 Re: Can I refeed on my own? on Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:27 pm

But since you struggle so much with feeling full, this may be the perfect solution for you. I may be hard to go straight to a burger at once, but try to challenge yourself with your fear foods and I promise you that you will feel better Smile

View user profile

27 Re: Can I refeed on my own? on Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:32 pm

just ate:
50g seeded bread
1 seitan deli slice (50cal)
2 tablespoon red beans
150g steamed red cauliflower and raw carrots
15g soft goat cheese
1 pear

View user profile

28 Re: Can I refeed on my own? on Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:50 pm

Nice work Smile Byt your still a little high on the vegetables though. Please read this:http://letsrecover.tumblr.com/post/86684498755/the-big-bad-bloat-a-photo-guide-on-how-to-deal-with

View user profile

29 Re: Can I refeed on my own? on Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:44 pm

Today is terrible and gross, feel like a gaz bottle.
since last night I have terrible gaz...painful and could sleep....

What have I eaten yesterday: a simple soy sausage, but stomach says NO !

I usually never eat or rarely eat soy products because of theses side effects...but the sausage was there looking at me and wanted to give it a try.
Never mind, I still tried...but will not do it again

Not hungry at all, but will have my mid-day snack of dried fruits...something easy to eat and energy dense

View user profile

30 Re: Can I refeed on my own? on Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:12 pm

Have you tried dark chocolate (since you don't do dairy), almonds and peanut butter? Those are the most energy dense foods I know. Btw, lactose intolerance can be caused by starvation as the body can't afford to produce lactase (the enzyme you need to digest it). In other words, you may be able to eat dairy again when your body has healed. Smile

View user profile

31 Re: Can I refeed on my own? on Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:18 pm

Almond, peanut butter: Yes, I chop nuts that I sprinkle over the veggies and un PB as some would use ketchup or mustard...or instead of butter on toasts

chocolate is definitively NO...never liked it since childhood....do not know why same for ice cream (too cold)

Ha yes...had cheese last night and with todays' lunch also.
Yes I think I will put dairy aside for a while before doing an other attempt

View user profile

32 Re: Can I refeed on my own? on Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:13 pm

Hard cheeses has almost no lactose (because of the aging - bacteria eat the lactose over time). Fresh cheese is worse.

View user profile

33 Re: Can I refeed on my own? on Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:08 am

thanks I will keep this in mind when I want to test cheese....especially that in France we have lots of variety of cheese.

Think that my issues yesterday has several origins....: soy intoxication and more over I am very anxious.

I haven't mentioned it but I am about to by an apartment. My own first apartment and it is so frightening.
Notary, bank, movers, furniture, electricity, gaz, internet....alone.....it gives me stomach aches and sometime I am so anxious I just want to vomit.

It is new life, a new start and very frightening.

View user profile

34 Re: Can I refeed on my own? on Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:17 am

I know it can be quite challenging when your life is stressful. But a new situation may also be a good thing as it can be nice to have something else to focus on besides food and how scary everything is Smile

View user profile

35 Re: Can I refeed on my own? on Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:08 pm

indeed, I will take this opportunity that as I will have my own apartment and no more a rental, to transform it in my "nest".
I want to leave behind all what has been negative in my life and start a new one, free of...everything.
By leaving the rental I want to lease anorexia there and not allow her to enter my new home.

This is a great challenge for me and I am trying hard to do so.
Refeeding is not wonderful everyday and some days I struggle so much that I am about to give up.

View user profile

36 Re: Can I refeed on my own? on Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:46 pm

Your head seems to be in the right place Smile You are doing great, so don't give up if things are tough because tomorrow may be better Smile <3

View user profile

37 Re: Can I refeed on my own? on Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:28 pm

susannsk89 wrote:Hard cheeses has almost no lactose (because of the aging - bacteria eat the lactose over time). Fresh cheese is worse.

did what you told me and went for a mature hard cheese, milk goat type as I read somewhere that goat milk was easier to digest.
Can feel the difference: tongue does not scratches until bleed, digestion is a bit less laborious....not 100% ok but better.

thanks for your tips ! And for all those you gave and continue giving me little tips as very much appreciated !

View user profile

38 Re: Can I refeed on my own? on Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:34 pm

It's a pleasure to help Smile I only want you to get well  I love you

View user profile

39 Re: Can I refeed on my own? on Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:06 pm

Honestly, I can not handle the last snack of the day, the one I have before going to bed.
It makes me sick the whole night and it occurred one more time last night.
I had a awful sleepless night, turning and turning over in my bed to find a position that would relieve the pain (Took pill the relieve stomach pain)

I definitively have to stop having the last snack...it is whether vomit or painful and restless nights.

the more time goes the harder it becomes to eat and continue eating. It is as if I need the reduce and rest a while and restart.

also at the end of the week I will have to got to the restaurant of a family meal and I am already stressing as it will be a full menu in a restaurant famous for its generous portions (even family find it particularly generous) stress to cope with comments and constant scrutiny of the family on my plates

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum