Letsrecover recovery forum

This is a trigger-free recovery help forum for those recovering from restrictive eating disorders, such as anorexia, bulimia, binge-restrict, overexercise or ednos.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How to stop counting calories?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 How to stop counting calories? on Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:12 pm

Hello! I'm in recovery since 6 months and after a relapse i'm recovering another time! I stsrted a new mealplan and i'm following quite well! But the problem is that I can't stop counting calories and weighing all the food... I always say that is to make sure i'm eating enough but I really don't know... How you make it during recovery? My first recovery was in a clinic that's because I didn't need to count anything but now i'm trying at home. What could I make?

View user profile

2 Re: How to stop counting calories? on Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:03 am

I'm having the exact same dilemma: do I count to be sure I eat enough, or because I want to have control? I also need some tips on how to change this.

View user profile

3 Re: How to stop counting calories? on Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:41 am

I count.
I have to count.
It is a mandatory that I count.

If I don't I overestimate my intake and quantities in my plate.

not only I have to count but I also have to weight my food.

it is such a shemozzle

Today I have to meet 1 200 cal.

But once day I will have to stop doing this and I really don't know how I will manage to stop counting, it is at the same time reassuring.

@i_will_love_my_life: maybe by not counting and weighing 1/2 meals a week than 3 and so .... ??

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum