Letsrecover recovery forum

This is a trigger-free recovery help forum for those recovering from restrictive eating disorders, such as anorexia, bulimia, binge-restrict, overexercise or ednos.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I feel suddenly stuffed all the time

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 I feel suddenly stuffed all the time on Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:01 pm

Hi guys!
Just to give information my story in short form: I am in recovery for over a year and due to eating 2500+ I gained back to my old weight (maybe I'll gain a bit more, that's alright, but it's most likely to be my set point). I can rely on my hunger cues for a few months, they are very stable. I'd consider myself at almost completely recovered (both mentally and physically).
But since a few days I feel suddenly stuffed from my usual amounts. Like I eat the same portion of oats every morning, and suddenly I am stuffed halfway through. I feel full, satisfied, totally not hungry anymore. The same happens with lunch and dinner. Even after smaller amounts (I thought maybe they're too big for me because as I said, I eat after my hunger cues and if I eat less at lunch, my snack will be bigger etc.) I feel stuffed, and I absolutely have no clue why. I don't eat too fast, I don't drink too much while eating (as much as usual). The fullness usually lasts for 1-3 hours and then, poof, I'm hungry again (depends on how much I ate before).
I haven't been that much of a big eater pre ED (especially not breakfast!) so do you think it could be possible that I am on my setpoint AND back on my old hunger/fullness cues? Should I have smaller meals? I am not asking to restrict (I still eat proper amounts, dw!), I just don't like the feeling of fullness that lasts for hours because I NEVER felt like this. :/ And I am just... confused. Did any of you experience the same or do you have any advice for me?
Sending lots of love I love you

2 Re: I feel suddenly stuffed all the time on Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:11 pm

It's a bit hard to answer, but I would think that if you really are recovered both mentally and physically, then you should eat what your hunger tells you. But monitor your amounts and weight for a while if you choose to eat by hunger cues. If your weight seems stable then I would think it's OK to eat whatever you hunger tells you. It's also normal to have different needs for calories during life depending on how old you are, how much you move, talk etc. So it could be that your appetite comes back again.
Does anyone else agree with my answer?

View user profile

3 Re: I feel suddenly stuffed all the time on Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:46 pm

@susannsk89 I think that's a good idea!
Maybr count your intake in the end of the day to make surr you do not eat way too little! Like of you eat 2200 and stay sedentary that's okay! But e.g. 2000 and exercising is not! :)xx

View user profile

4 Re: I feel suddenly stuffed all the time on Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:44 am

Thank you guys!
I'll just keep on eating like I'm used to, and if I'm too stuffed, I'll just stop and listen to my body. Smile I count calories every now and then just to check I'm eating enough, and I eat at least (!) 2400-2500+ every day so I think it's fine Smile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum