Letsrecover recovery forum

This is a trigger-free recovery help forum for those recovering from restrictive eating disorders, such as anorexia, bulimia, binge-restrict, overexercise or ednos.

You are not connected. Please login or register

overweight already... TW

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 overweight already... TW on Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:29 pm

I'm only a few months into recovery and I'm already the biggest I've ever been, bigger than my pre ED. I have a huge pregnant belly, my face is so chubby, I have a double chin and extreme hunger all day every day. I really want to restrict, I cant love myself at this size and especially if I keep on gaining Sad I'm so depressed and too embarrassed to leave the house

View user profile http://mymoonandscars.tumblr.com

2 Re: overweight already... TW on Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:40 pm

Hey there! What you are experiencing is 100% normal. Everyone who is currently in recovery or has reached remission has been in your position at one time or another. What you are describing sounds a lot like severe water weight/edema. Although it is extremely frustrating, just remember that it is a GOOD sign because it means your body is healing! It just proves how much damage your body has suffered from your ED. The fact that you have extreme hunger also proves how starved your body is for energy. DO NOT RESTRICT! I personally know just how hard that is, but I promise that it will all be worth it. I know it doesn't seem like it now but it is much greener on the other side (remission). I know that edema can be extremely uncomfortable. Some things that helped me in early recovery was to take a long bath with scented Epsom salts and drink some peppermint tea. Remember that this is the hardest part of recovery and the fact that you push through only proves how strong you are. Good luck and stay strong!

View user profile

3 Re: overweight already... TW on Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:04 pm

Thank you so much, its so reassuring to know that I'm not the only one experiencing this because a lot of pictures rtf I have found don't look as bad as I do, but maybe that's my ED. Thank you so Much xxx

View user profile http://mymoonandscars.tumblr.com

4 Re: overweight already... TW on Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:24 pm

No problem! It can be very discouraging to see pictures of someone as far into recovery as you are and seems to be so much closer to remission, but everyone heals at different rates. I know people who never had edema during recovery and evened out within three months. However, most people, including Amalie suffer from edema at some point in recovery. Very Happy

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum