Letsrecover recovery forum

This is a trigger-free recovery help forum for those recovering from restrictive eating disorders, such as anorexia, bulimia, binge-restrict, overexercise or ednos.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How to deal with a binge

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 How to deal with a binge on Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:00 pm

So I have posted about binging on foods and I've done it again tonight Crying or Very sad I had 290g of Marvellous creations popping candy chocolate, 5 fat pieces of German bread with a whole avocado and chocolate spread No I don't understand why I keep binging & I can't stop myself from eating Sad im finding it so hard right now and I feel like I can't cope. I'm so ashamed Crying or Very sad

View user profile http://instagram.com/desserttolive

2 Re: How to deal with a binge on Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:17 am

That sounds like a really enjoyable meal Smile If you feel the urge to  binge it's your body telling you what it needs. Like someone else has said in this forum before: it your body taking control, not you losing it.
That being said, your binging will stop when your have give your body what it needs and it "trusts" you to keep giving it what it needs in the future.

View user profile

3 Re: How to deal with a binge on Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:04 pm

Sweetie, you are NOT binging. You are not losing control either and you definitly sould NOT feel guilty for giving your body what it needs. Recovery is about learning to let go, to trust your body so it can start trusting you again. Your body knows better than you what it wants, eating is simple, intuitive. But we tend to complicate things with our preconceptions of what we should/shouldn't eat. Just let go, eat whatever you are craving and whenever you are craving it, that's the healthiest thing you can do right now. To heal, you need to fuel..! xox

View user profile http://instagram.com/pboverbones

4 Re: How to deal with a binge on Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:36 am

Thank you both so much, I've tried to forgive myself for it & I've been eating intuitively, but I have no fullness cues, I don't stop when I'm "full" I literally could keep eating and eating and eating nonstop! And it's stuff like Icecream, bread and spreads, rice cream (& lerice) I can't stop eating No like its been happening for the past week and I've been obeying those cues, but I don't understand why it hasn't settled down Sad xxxx

View user profile http://instagram.com/desserttolive

5 Re: How to deal with a binge on Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:32 pm

It will settle down but ONLY if you allow yourself you follow those cravings in the first place. Trust me, i had the same fear as you do right now. I thought i would eat 3 boxes of Drumsticks in less than 2hours for the rest of my life. But no, my hunger has stabilized. If you dont answer to those hungers, you'll always have them. They'll be there until you eat whatever you are craving. If i hadn't eaten those Drumsticks/Chocolates when i was craving them, those cravings would still be there with me today. And what happen when we tried to suppress those cravings? They got stronger until the day that we finally decide to listen to them and then we ended up eating a large ammount of food just because we randomly thought it was 'bad' to listen to our body in the first place. EAT, REST AND DONT STRESS. You have the RIGHT to eat, and more than that, you HAVE TO eat! Eating IS simple, we tend to complicate everything. Do you feel guity for breathing? Everybody understands that breathing is necessary to survive. It's simple, we dont think about it and we dont try to control our breathing with some irrelevant rules. Eating IS as necessary as breathing and there's no reason to control that.You're hungry? Eat. You're tired? Sleep.

Eat what makes you happy. Eat what scares your ed. Eat whatever you want. Guilt is just a feeling. It'll pass away, you wont feel guilty for the rest of your life for that ice cream you ate. YOU CAN DO THIS. In fact, you can do whatever you want, you just have to start believing in yourself! xox

View user profile http://instagram.com/pboverbones

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum