Letsrecover recovery forum

This is a trigger-free recovery help forum for those recovering from restrictive eating disorders, such as anorexia, bulimia, binge-restrict, overexercise or ednos.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Set point?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Set point? on Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:52 pm

Hi!

I have a question!
I was allways naturally thin as a child. I developed an eating disorder before puberty. When I was 16 I started dancing semi-professional. Then my anorexia got worse. I'm 20 now and I decided to recover. I have been inpatient for months now. I only dance 2 hours a week (used to dance 25 hours) and I'm eating 3000 +. I have gained quite a lot back. But my weight has stabilised for 10 weeks now despite upping my intake. My bmi is now 17, I got my period back, almost all physical effects are gone and I'm starting to feel more free mentally every day. Could it be that this is my natural set point? Do you think I can soon start dancing again and let go of my meal plan?

Thanks in advance! Bye!

View user profile

2 Re: Set point? on Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:26 pm

If you have always been slim - yes. I would probably take some weeks/months of dacig though to give your body the opportunity to heal completely! Then try to eat after hunger cues (make sure you eat enough tho) Smile

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum